To receive the highest possible return on investment, marketers are repurposing content to reach a larger audience. For ideas on repurposing visual content, take a look at the following six tips.
- Social Cuts – Creating shorter and more direct versions of your video content can be a great way to refresh your message, and re-share it with your world. Example or Check out an example of a social cut here!
- Hold a Live Q&A – After your video has had time to gain reactions from your audience, consider hosting a live Q&A about the video. Were there insightful comments you want to address or questions that need to be answered? Or do you want to dive in deeper to the message with a new panel? Jump in and Use Facebook, Twitter, Skype, or Google+ to hold a live Q&A or interactive panel discussions with your biggest fans.
- Promote on Social Media – It’s simply not enough to leave video content on your website or blog. To increase the exposure of your video marketing content, promote it on multiple social media platforms. Doing so prompts your audience to view and share content related to your brand. Especially with repurposed content, there are so many creative ways to bring back and refresh your message (Ex: Social challenges, throwback trends, and case studies!)
- Blog Posts/Newsletters/One-Pagers – It’s important to use versions of your video across all platforms, so that you maximize your reach and share your message with all segments of your audience. Remember that different platforms have different sweet spots for maximizing your customer engagements!
- Webinars – Webinars provide your brand with yet another opportunity to repurpose content that incorporates visual elements. As a bonus, this face time with customers increases engagement and interest in your brand.
A Note about Goals
Repurposing video content is a proven method of increasing brand awareness and generating leads. Before doing so, however, consider your brand’s goals before releasing your video. If you’re distributing video content on multiple platforms, make sure to follow up each post with a goal-appropriate call to action. Do you want your audience to subscribe, follow, share, or purchase? Don’t forget to ask them.
If you need help brainstorming creative ways to leverage your existing content, don’t forget to reach out!
For more insights on navigating the new market in 2020, check out our webinar series here.