Some incredible statistics about video marketing include:
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. We thought a thousand words was a lot for a picture? Well, it’s even more for a video! Because memory retention is so high for users when it comes to video, we can really focus on ensuring that our message comes through clearly, especially in the opening minute of a video.
- If an online ad is good, purchase intent increases as well as brand association by 97 percent. Though consumers find most ads pesky and annoying, those that are creative and well-done (such as Super Bowl ads) are some of the most effective forms of video marketing. So how do you create a good online ad? Simple: take advantage of humor. Viewers love a sense of humor and comedy is one of the most popular genres on YouTube.
- YouTube has over 800 million unique visitors each month. Brands are consistently trying to drive traffic to their websites. While it’s highly unlikely that you’ll drive 800 million visitors to your site anytime soon, why not take advantage of a platform that has this many monthly visitors? It’ll take less effort to take advantage of a built in audience – and you can always redirect the traffic to your site anyways!
- Visitors spend 88 percent more time browsing through a site with video. Consider including a welcome video for your non-profit organization’s website. Since retention rates can increase by as much as 88 percent by simply adding a video to a web page, why not take advantage of the opportunity?
- Video marketing increases click-through rates. Because video is so effective at communicating a story and cause, the CTAs are much more useful. If you encourage people to do something within the video, you can increase click-through rates by over 90 percent. This is an excellent way to drive users exactly where you want them to go.
- E-mail marketing is boosted by video. One of the most powerful tools that businesses have at their disposal is email subscriptions. Being able to stay in contact with consumers is a vital part of building a relationship with potential customers. Simply including a video in an email can reduce opt-outs by 75 percent.
So what does this mean? It means that brands already using video marketing should consider increasing their investment or looking for ways to enhance their current efforts. Since video is such a powerful tool, spend time trying to optimize your existing videos. And if you’re not already taking advantage of video marketing, what are you waiting for? There’s no better time to get started than now!