If you’ve ever wanted to create an explainer video to showcase your products, services, and business, or explain what you can do for clients, you’re not alone. It seems that explainer videos are everywhere these days – but most brands are approaching them the wrong way. By focusing on the right way to create an explainer video, you can boost sales and grow your business.
Remember, a video properly created and placed on your website can do more for your image and brand in 60 seconds than a full-fledged marketing campaign. By quickly explaining your brand and its services, you can capture the audience’s attention. So how can you ensure that your explainer video is effective and worth the investment? Simple: avoid these 7 mistakes:
- Making it too long. As you can assume from the prevalence of short form content, patience is a virtue that the majority of internet users don’t have. For the most effective explainer video, your total running time should be below 2 minutes. This means that your video must be as efficient as possible to be meaningful enough in such a short amount of time. In other words, the message must be delivered as soon as possible. While you want to be creative, it’s important to be clear and concise.
- Focusing too much on the video. Of course you want your explainer video to be of professional quality. After all, that’s why you’re working with a production company! However, with a video this short and this important, it’s all about the script. You must quickly relate to your customers, explain that you understand their pain, and present a solution to stir interest. If you can do this quickly, you’ll see your conversion rates improve.
- Forgetting a call to action. Using an explainer video is an incredible tool to get visitors’ attention and ensure that people are engaged with your brand. However, now that you have their attention, it’s crucial to direct them to a corresponding call to action. Do you want them to sign up for a free trial? Explore your site or product? The valuable explainer video will be a waste if you don’t get the visitors to do something – anything.
- Trying to make a video go viral. Too often, businesses focus on trying to go viral, which is the wrong goal when it comes to video marketing. The reality is that few videos go viral and that it’s a very hard thing to achieve. Furthermore, getting a lot of views is worthless unless it’s targeted traffic. The goal of an explainer video isn’t to go viral. Rather, it’s to welcome people to your site, explain your brand and services, and encourage them to take action. The goal of an explainer video is to improve conversion rates. Want new traffic? Then invest in a marketing or promotional video as well!
- Failing to plan. This mistake can occur on a variety of levels. Whether you fail to efficiently plan where to place the video on your website or fail to estimate the cost of producing an explainer video, this can delay the project and be a major setback. Be sure you know what to expect as far as the video production process is concerned and how to execute the rollout of the explainer video once it’s finished.
By avoiding these mistakes, you’ll be able to improve conversion rates and sales and in turn grow and develop your business. Good luck!