It’s done! You’ve finally completed that video project and you can’t wait to share it with the world! Your company quickly uploads the video onto YouTube. The views start pouring in: 10 – 35 – 100 – 500 – then all of a sudden the view count stops. No matter what you do, people just aren’t watching the video that you and your company have spent so many resources to create. To ensure your video gets the views it deserves, it’s important to play your role in sharing the video with your follows.
Since most brands already have followers on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, it’s important to utilize those existing audiences. Not only will this ensure immediate success for your video, but it also increases the opportunity for long-term views. Remember, users who like your video are more likely to engage with the post on social media and share it with your friends. As users continue engaging and sharing, your video can continue growing your brand.
To successfully share your video on social media, be sure to:
- Post it once – and then later if you must. Whenever you post on Facebook or Twitter, you want to ensure that as many people see the post as possible. To do this, you should post the video around breakfast, lunch, or dinner. By posting around these times of the day, you’re taking advantage of lunch breaks, class breaks, and the natural times of the day when online traffic peaks for all demographics.
Now, it’s important to only post the video once. After all, if you consistently post the same thing, people will associate you as spamming and will likely ignore your future content. However, if you feel that you need to post the video again for another boost, be sure to wait some time since the original post to link to it again.
- Make a CTA. Facebook and Twitter posts with CTAs are much more likely to be shared than those that aren’t. Simply asking people to like or comment on the video will help it appear in their friends’ newsfeeds. And of course, don’t be afraid to ask for a “share”!
- Engage other users. Since Twitter is extremely conversation based, feel free to tweet your video to high-profile users who you think might be interested in your video. If even just one replied to your tweet or retweets it, then your video will be blasted to an even larger audience. And who knows, some of them might even retweet it! Remember, it’s all about building that audience base rapidly.
- Begin a conversation. By simply asking what viewers thought about the video or by ending the video with a thought-provoking question, you’re increasing the chances of a user leaving a comment on the video. However, be sure to monitor incoming comments and delete any that are inappropriate or destructive for your brand.
- Take advantage of promotions. Since Facebook allows brands to promote their posts for their followers, it’s easier than ever to ensure that your post is seen. Feel free to take advantage of this option to get the results you want!